Sunday, August 30, 2009

25 Random Things about Me... :)

(Idea from Gokul Anna's Blog)

  1. My full name is Penugonda Naga Venkata Ratna Veni Sri Divya. Thanks to my Dad who wrote only Divya Penugonda in the school records from the beginning.
  2. My dad is, in many ways, an inspiration for me. My dad is all of those things above and more.
  3. I’m a music-maniac!! Even when listening to video lectures, I need some background music to concentrate on what I’m listening.
  4. My favorite pastime is Orkutting and herez the secret: you can bribe me with a testimonial.
  5. I always think about winning the lottery but never play.
  6. My parents raised me like a son and my brother was always second to me.
  7. Best compliment I’ve got till date: “You have a beautiful smile that makes even a mighty volcano to calm down.” (From my school friend Meher Madhurima).
  8. I’ve beaten my dad only once in chess.
  9. Weirdest comment I’ve got till date: “When people talk with you for 10 minutes, the 11th minute they go mad!!” (From my best friend Kodi, she herself talks with me for at least half an hour a day).
  10. I believe in Lord Balaji and I call him Venkat/Deva.
  11. I was born lazy. I believe in: “Invention arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble.” quoted by Agatha Christie.
  12. I love Teddy Bears and I never ever got a Teddy Bear as Birthday gift till date!!
  13. My mom is truly my best friend; I don’t have anything to hide with her.
  14. I’m a good swimmer but I’ve never been to the pool from the past ten years.
  15. I am very careless when it comes to eating healthy and being fit.
  16. My sleeping position is Starfish, lying on the back with both arms up around the pillow. According to Professor Chris Idzikowski: These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.
  17. I like taking the mirchi out of mirchi bajji and just eating the outside part.
  18. I attended the Break-dance classes for a year and that is how I got introduced to Michael Jackson Pop Albums.
  19. I always dream of someone chasing me in a huge castle and I finally jump into the waters to escape from them. Don’t know what it signifies!!
  20. Have you ever escaped death? My uncle’s bike got skid and I was literally thrown under the City bus with its Tyres just few inches away from my head.
  21. I have a habit of writing diary from class 7th till my Bachelors which I gave up after coming to US (Lack of privacy).
  22. My dad calls me Divya Donkey, mom calls me Divi Thalli, my brother calls me Divsi and friends call me: DP/ Divs/ Divsu/ Divsi/ Divya/ Penugonda/ Anakonda/ Gonda.
  23. I always wanted to be at the edge where the rain starts.
  24. I’m not a great leader but I’m a good follower. Being a good follower is just as challenging, admirable and important capability as leadership.
  25. I cannot go to bed until I talk with couple of my regular callers (Kodi, Hema, Rizwan, Poori, Srini, Keerthi, Ashwin and Maithili). Thanks to them, I’m still alive!!



11 comments:

GOKUL said...

Nice Post Divya.. antha pedda peru unda.. ammo... :)..

Ashwin Kumar Kovur said...

hehehehehehe!!!!I cannot resist laughing after seeing this post!!!anyways gud one!!and finally my name in ur blog!!

Maithili Bala said...

Amma Penugonda Naga Venkata Ratna Veni Sri Divya....haama alisipoyaa ee peru ani...

1. Dont wry gonda u know swiming and i know what river ur talking about! ;)
2. I liked ur quote on laziness.
3. U missed GONDA

Out of all a good post!!

Divya said...

Hey Maithili...Thanks for reminding me. I added that nickname too :)

Divya said...

@Gokul
Thanks annayya...Yeah na friends list lo evariki antha pedda peru ledhu :P

Maithili Bala said...

good good

Divya said...

@Ashwin..
asalu antha navvu enduku vasthundi neeku :O
anyway nee name vachindiga na blog lo..do festival :P

SK said...

divya...anni nee negatives meedane comment chesavu..lazy,careless,etc. entha modest e nuvvu:D..
P.S cinemalu koncham taginchave..:)(ref 23)

Unknown said...

hey divsu i liked it a lot. thanks for putting me in ur friends list.

Ashwin Kumar Kovur said...

avunu mari nee blog lo peru kosame nenu inni rojulu US lo unnanu kada!!!anni raasav..inka adi kuda raaseyi blog lo saripothundi kada!![:D]

Prashanth said...

Naga veni madam, you have forgotten me in your latest blog :)